Renew your Swim Australia Teacher qualifications and continue to join us in our pursuit of producing a nation of safer, smarter, stronger swimmers.
Every three years a Swim Australia™ Teacher (SAT) or SAT specialist is required to update their accreditation through a “skills and knowledge audit”. Accreditation affirms your commitment to ongoing professional development, industry standards of practice and behavioural guidelines.
Over a three-year period, all levels of Teaching are required to accumulate a minimum number of 100 practical teaching hours as well as 15 professional development points, which are earned by attending or participating in approved activities.
We encourage you to submit all accreditation renewal requirements before the expiry date so that you maintain continuity of accreditation and remain insured if you hold a current policy. On approval of your re-accreditation application, you will receive an electronic copy of your updated certificate and your updated accreditation expiry date will be reflected on your electronic ASCTA membership card found in your Swim Central profile.
Renew / Update your Teaching Accreditation
Swim Australia Teacher qualifications are valid for three years from the date of issue.
To renew your Teaching Accreditation we will require the following documents to be uploaded into DITA:
- Teacher Re-accreditation Application Form
- Current Working with Children Check or Registered Teacher card
- Current accredited CPR Statement of Attainment (HLTAID001, 002, 003, 004 or 007)
- Letter of teaching hours (minimum 100 hours over 3 years - Teaching Hours Information)
- Evidence of Professional Development (15 Points over 3 years - Professional Development Points Information)